Friday, 6 January 2017

Brand New Year, Brand New Blog, Brand New Lifestyle


Well here it is, a brand new year, a brand new blog and a brand spanking new lifestyle for me.  Can I actually do it I ask myself on an almost hourly basis, I really, really, really really hope so!!

I signed up for Veganuary on the last day of December, I'm wearing the bracelet to remind myself ... and I'm doing my very best. 

I've slipped up twice in the six days since the start of this new eating thing.  As I chowed down my newly discovered favourite food in the whole wide world  hummus .... who even knew smashed up chickpeas and garlic equalled heaven!!  I picked up the cracker box and read the ingredients , and there it was in bold even ... milk ... (tip here: read the ingredients list before you eat the product not whilst you are eating the product 😉

Sob, sob ...

No I'm not really crying,   I'm determined not to beat myself up over mistakes.  It's not like I dashed out and bought the bloody stupid little Cranberry cracker delights, they were already in the house and will not, ever ever be replaced.  And I am in no doubt it will happen again in the not too distant future, but I will learn from each mistake and use it to pave the road to my gentler, happier path through life.

You can't do much more than your best can you.  😊

I've since been out shopping, and with my reading glasses perched on the end of my nose perused the aisle of crackers in Asda ... who even knew there were sooooo many different kinds, it saved me reading a book ... and now my cupboard is filled with 'kind' crackers .... the only thing is my Lovely Hubby has eaten all the hummus!!

12 comments:

  1. So cool to hear from you again! I went plant based about six years ago now for health reasons and I'd say I'm about 97/3% most years ;) but my favorite mantra is Progress not Perfection. Good luck...I am rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer to call myself plant based rather than vegan .... but I couldn't get it to tie in with the title for this blog ;-)

      97/3% is a good ratio, I would be pretty happy if I only slip up that much in a year.

      Delete
  2. Lovely that you are back in circulation, enjoyed reading the old blog very much. Eldest daughter (21) has been vegan for about 18 months, youngest (18) is vegetarian and planning to go vegan in near future. Find eating out a bit of minefield, although it seems that some of the bigger restaurant chains are now realising they need to cater for vegans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be back, but this time it will be more about my vegan journey and less about our lives here on the old homestead .... but of course snippets will always slip in, I chat away too much :-)

      Delete
  3. Yeay, you're still blogging! :-)

    I try to have a vegan day once a week so will be following you with interest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay ... I am :-)

      I'm trying to have a vegan day everyday ;-)

      Delete
  4. So lovely to hear from you Sue. I have to admit, it was a bit of a shock when I followed the blog link and found you. Wow - what a blog name, start as you mean to go on - I do wish you well with veganism. I did Veganuary when it first started. I know i can do it for a day, week, month, but a year - for my whole life - well lets just say i am on the path. My diet is 95% vegan, and has been for a long while. I have to say, its quite shocking how many products that you think are vegan contain animal products, I learned Lilt the fizzy drink is unsuitable, so yes indeed its important to read the labels. I wish you the best from the bottom or my heart and look forward to reading the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I class myself as a 'plant based eater' but that didn't sound good as a blog name, so vegan it is ;-)

      Very, very important to read the labels, I watched a film list of 'accidently vegan' things on Face book and when you read up on the ingredients of some of the items listed they were most definitely NOT vegan!!

      Delete
  5. So glad to find that you're still blogging - and although a vegan lifestyle is not anything I would consider for myself, I look forward to following your adventures on that path!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .... it should be an interesting path :-)

      Delete
  6. Sue - I am so delighted to find your new blog! And lots of posts to read and enjoy. Good luck with your vegan adventures, I'm really looking forward to hearing them. All best wishes for 2017.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.