Thursday, 2 February 2017

Magazines and Recipes



Since the New Year I have been doing lots of reading about the vegan diet and lifestyle, and reading through some of my large collection of books as well as some good magazines.  I have taken out a subscription to 'Vegan Food and Living' ... 


... but I also bought one copy of this magazine. 

In my opinion it's not quite on a par with 'Vegan Food and Living',  or 'Vegan Life' which I already had a subscription to, as it seems to mostly have lots of product and food adverts and not a lot of substance.


But it did give me this recipe for Kale Soup and it is one of the most delicious soups I've made for a while, we both love it .... and the colour of it.


Which matches the colour of my kitchen perfectly  :-)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue I am not a vegan or a vegetarian but your blog is making me reflect more on what we eat as a family and how to get more protein from non animal sources. Thank you for sharing your thinking process and recipes on becoming vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lovely comment :-)

      If we all reflected more on what we eat, and appreciated it more the world would be a much better place.

      Delete
  2. When I went vegan many years ago pre-internet and vegan mags it was so much harder. I've spent so many years doing vegan outreach and feel so happy that the message has spread so successfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's down to people like you who trail-blazed the way and created the interest and the demand that we have so many magazines, books and now food stuffs available to buy ... so thank you. xx

      Delete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.