Thursday, 16 March 2017

Somedays You Just Need Pastry


Some days you just want pastry .... yesterday I got a lot of pastry!!

This is one of our large plates, I needed to use because it my pasty was HUGE  ;-)


It all started with half a pack of puff pastry that needed using up. 

I had bought four blocks of ready made pastry from the 'Reduced to Clear' cabinet in Tesco's the previous week, three had gone straight into the freezer for future use, half was used on the day to make two open Sweet Potato and Roasted Vegetable tarts for tea and the other half wrapped and popped into the fridge ... where it lay forgotten about until I moved the carton of yogurt that was in front of it ... ooops!


It rolled out into a rather weird shape ... I've never been good at rolling circles or oblongs ... but it actually worked in my favour as the smaller side folded neatly over and I could crimp the edges really well.  A quick filling of grated Violife cheese with a dollop of Tomato and Onion chutney stirred through and then some more Violife on top and it made for a simple but filling tea after a day spent doing washing ,ironing, hovering etc .... you know all the glamorous jobs.


8 comments:

  1. Looks nice, you can beat simple food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't can you. I love simple food the best :-)

      Delete
  2. That does sound good. Perfect after one of THOSE days. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes you just need something tasty and simple ... and I always love it when it uses up some leftovers from the fridge.

      Delete
  3. I love a pie or a pasty, I made pasties from some leftovers this weekend and they were delicious. I only stumbled on your new blog this morning. I look forward to stealing some of your food ideas along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything wrapped in pastry is a good thing in my opinion. Welcome :-)

      Delete
  4. Soya linseed bread, dairy free spread, violife cheese, sweet pickle and rocket makes for a delicious sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.