Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Pasta Bake, Cheezes and a Cheeze Thief


Last nights tea was a total delicious success. 

I made a pasta bake, using leftover Mediterranean style veggies from the fridge, homemade garlic pesto cubes from the freezer, a jar of homemade pasta sauce from the cupboard and some quinoa pasta that I had bought from a speciality shop to try.  I was going to sprinkle over some vegan parmesan style cheeze, but at the last minute I changed my mind and used a block ...


... of this. 

Just cut into cubes and dotted around the dish before it went into the oven. 

It is totally yummy eaten just as it is straight from the pack, added to salads it tastes like a delicious mild feta cheese just as it is supposed to, but once heated up in the pasta bake and melted nicely it tasted like a cross between feta and mozzarella, gooey and mild.  We were both hooked and ate a pasta bake that should have easily fed three people between the two of us  :-)


And it seems as though my Lovely Hubby is getting hooked on my vegan cheezes, this morning in preference to some 'normal' cheese slices in the fridge he helped himself to the last few slices of my cheeze for his lunchtime sandwiches.  Oh well, luckily there is another pack of feta style cheeze in the fridge if I feel another pasta bake urge coming on  ;-)



7 comments:

  1. Violifie is a favourite in our house too! Cheezly however is the total opposite and sets on fire so easily when cooking :o

    Please can I ask if sainsburys has soya in? I can't seem to see it online to look at ingredients thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use mysupermarket.com to check ingredients and prices. Yes it does seem to have 'soya protein concentrate' in it and has 'Soya' listed as an allergen.

      Delete
  2. I seem to be getting hooked on vegan cheese as well. No wonder I haven't lost any weight since becoming vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just too many delicious foods to try aren't there, and there are always new cheeses coming out that just HAVE to be tried ;-)

      Delete
  3. Cheese is my weakness, do I buy strong cheddar and have less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always had a full shelf in the fridge devoted to cheeses, now it is just divided into dairy and vegan .... but still as full :-)

      Delete
  4. Tyne Cheeze is my favourite vegan cheese. It's a bit pricey but a lovely treat xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.