Thursday, 25 May 2017

Variations on a Theme


This week the weather here in North Wales has been pretty much consistently lovely, and very, very hot so a breakfast of porridge was not even on the radar.  Just recently I have been over-dosing on toast with peanut butter or homemade orange marmalade, so I decided  with a change in the weather I should have a change of breakfast.

So this week it's been yoghurt on the menu, with a sliced up banana and various seeds ... flax, chia, pumpkin and sunflower ... to which this morning I added a handful of blueberries straight from the freezer.


Yesterdays variation on a theme was lots of grated Brazil nuts instead of the blueberries.


Today, just so I could get out in the marginally cooler air and whilst the majority of the Veggie Patch was still in the shade, I left breakfast until after I had been over on the hillside planting out the pea and bean seedlings into the raised beds, .  Meaning that by the time I got in just after 11.30ish I was pretty hungry ... so I added three of these lovely little biscuits to my bowl.  They were absolutely gorgeous dunked in the yoghurt.




1 comment:

  1. look at the size of those blue berries. Are they grown at your house? heck what are you feeding them, mine are all tiddlers

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.