Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Peas and Fishfingers


Oh look what's just about to bulk up in the net tunnel.

I love seeing the tiny peas inside their pods, a sign of tastiness to come.


Everything is doing pretty well this year, the exceptions at the moment being my carrot crop ....which I think the mice discovered, the humane mouse trap is in daily use and I catch quite a few each week, and the first sowing of radish from the polytunnel which have just gone to seed.  Well it's been so hot in there it's no wonder.  Never mind I have a new pot of carrots in the polytunnel and the next sowing of radish from the net tunnel is just about ready to eat.


Lunch today is some Quorn 'Fishless Fingers' ... they are going to be so much tastier with a spoonful of crushed homegrown peas in a couple of weeks ... but I'll make do with some homegrown leaves and spring onion until then   :-)



2 comments:

  1. These fishless fingers are on special offer at present in T's. 3 packs for a fiver. (Just in case you weren't aware). Your photo of them has made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stocked up when they were on offer for £1.50 a pack last month ... I have quite a stash 😊

      Delete

If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to read it. But please be kind and keep it polite ... or I might just have to delete it.